Home > Laws by State > Foreclosure Help in
TENNESSEE FORECLOSURE HELP
Book of the Year
Tennessee Foreclosure Statute Laws
Judicial and non-judicial foreclosure is available in Tennessee. Primary service instruments are deed of trust and mortgage. The timeline for foreclosure in Tennessee varies by process, but typically last 60 days. Right of Redemption and deficiency judgments are allowed.
• In Tennessee, lenders may foreclose on deeds of trusts or mortgages in default using either a judicial or non-judicial foreclosure process.
Power of Sale Foreclosure Guidelines & Procedures:
• A notice of sale must be published at least three (3) different times in a newspaper published in the county where the sale is to be made, with the first publication appearing at least twenty (20) days prior to the sale.
• Unless otherwise ordered, if no newspaper is published in said county, the notice of sale must be posted at least thirty (30) days in advance of the sale in at least five (5) public places within the county.
• At least one of these notices must be placed at the courthouse door and another in the neighborhood of the property itself.
• A notice of sale must also be served upon the borrower at least twenty (20) days prior to the date of sale if the borrower is in possession of the property.
• The sale must be held between the hours of 10:00 am and 4:00 pm for cash to the highest bidder.
• The sheriff of each county in the state of Tennessee may set a minimum acceptable price for the property as long as the price is equal to or greater than fifty percent (50%) of the fair market value.
• The successful bidder at the foreclosure sale will receive a certificate of sale and may be entitled to receive a deed once the borrower’s right of redemption has expired.
• Deficiency judgments are allowed in Tennessee and
• The borrower has a period of two (2) years to redeem the property, unless their right of redemption was waived in the original deed of trust.
RELATED GOOGLE SEARCHES
foreclosure murfreesboro tn
foreclosure nashville tn
foreclosure brentwood tn
foreclosure franklin tn
foreclosure williamson county tn
foreclosure memphis tn
foreclosure chattanooga tn
foreclosure knoxville tn