Home > Laws by State > Foreclosure Help in
RHODE ISLAND FORECLOSURE HELP
Book of the Year
Rhode Island Foreclosure Statute Laws
Judicial and non-judicial foreclosure is available in Rhode Island. Primary service instruments are deed of trust and mortgage. The timeline for foreclosure in Rhode Island varies by process, but typically last 60 days. Right of Redemption and deficiency judgments are not allowed.
• In Rhode Island, lenders may foreclose on deeds of trusts or mortgages in default:
• by using the judicial foreclosure process; 2) by filing a lawsuit seeking eviction; 3) by taking possession of the house; 4) by the borrower voluntarily giving up possession; or 5) by using the non-judicial foreclosure process.
• In instances where the lender takes possession of the house, they must do so peaceably and in the presence of two witnesses.
• Said witnesses must give a certificate of possession, which must then be notarized.
• Additionally, borrowers who voluntarily give up possession of the property must do so in the presence of a notary.
• In these instances, the lender will obtain the full title to the property if they are able to maintain possession for an established period of time.
Power of Sale Foreclosure Guidelines:
• The lender must mail a written notice of the time and place of sale, by certified mail, return receipt requested, to the borrower at his or her last known address, at least twenty (20) days prior to the first publication, including the day of mailing in the computation.
• The lender must give notice of the sale by publication in some public newspaper at least once a week for three (3) successive weeks before the sale, with the first publication of the notice being at least twenty-one (21) days before the day of sale, including the day of the first publication in the computation.
• Said notice must contain the names of the borrower and lender, the mortgage date, the amount due, a description of the premises and the time and place of sale.
• Any person may bid at the sale, including the lender.
For information on HUD bank foreclosures rhode island contact Providence Field Office121 South Main Street, Suite 300Providence, RI 02903-7104 Phone: (401) 277-8300
Rhode island foreclosures for sale can be found at foreclosurenet.net/states/rhodeisland.asp. For information on foreclosed homes for sale in rhode island visitforeclosurenet.net/states/rhodeisland.asp North Kingstown Rhode Island. F oreclosures can be prevented by visiting Udolegal.com. West Warwick Rhode Island foreclosures can be prevented by visiting Udolegal.com. Rhode Island tax liens are unique and must be researched thoroughly. Providence county Rhode Island foreclosures can be prevented by visiting Udolegal.com.
RELATED GOOGLE SEARCHES
bank foreclosures rhode island
rhode island foreclosures for sale
foreclosed homes for sale rhode island
north kingstown rhode island
west warwick rhode island
rhode island tax liens
providence county rhode island
newport county rhode island