Home > Laws by State > Foreclosure Help in
NEVADA FORECLOSURE HELP
Book of the Year
Nevada Foreclosure Statute Laws
Judicial and non-judicial foreclosure is available in Nevada. Primary service instruments are deed of trust and mortgage. The timeline for foreclosure in Nevada varies by process, but typically last 120 days. Right of Redemption and deficiency judgments are not allowed.
Power of Sale Foreclosure Guidelines & Procedures:
• A copy of the notice of default and election to sell must be mailed certified, return receipt requested, to the borrower, at their last known address, on the date the notice is recorded in the county where the property is located.
• Any additional postings and advertisements must be done in the same manner as for an execution sale in Nevada.
• Beginning on the day after the notice of default and election was recorded with the county and mailed to the borrower, the borrower has anywhere from fifteen (15) to thirty five (35) days to cure the default by paying the delinquent amount on the loan.
• The actual amount of time given is dependent on the date of the original deed of trust.
• The owner of the property may stop the foreclosure proceedings by filing an “Intent to Cure” with the Public Trustee’s office at least fifteen (15) days prior to the foreclosure sale and then paying the necessary amount to bring the loan current by noon the day before the foreclosure sale is scheduled.
• The foreclosure sale itself will be held at the place, the time and on the date stated in the notice of default and election and must be conducted in the same manner as for an execution sale of real property.
• Lenders have three (3) months after the sale to try and obtain a deficiency judgment.
• Borrowers have no rights of redemption in a non judicial foreclosure.
Nevada foreclosure listings, laws and rules can be found at foreclosureconnections.com/nevada.html
For information on HUD foreclosure homes in nevada contact Las Vegas Field OfficeDept. of Housing and Urban Development300 South Las Vegas Blvd., Suite 2900 Las Vegas, NV 89101-5833 Phone: (702) 366-2100
RELATED GOOGLE SEARCHES
nevada foreclosure laws
nevada foreclosure listings
nevada foreclosure rules
foreclosure homes in nevada
nevada foreclosure timeline
nevada foreclosure rate
nevada foreclosure auctions