Home > Laws by State > Foreclosure Help in
CALIFORNIA FORECLOSURE HELP
Book of the Year
California Foreclosure Statute Laws
Judicial and non-judicial foreclosure is available in California. Primary service instruments are deed of trust and mortgage. The timeline for foreclosure in Alabama varies by process; but typically last 120 days. Right of Redemption and deficiency judgements varies.
In California, lenders may foreclose on deeds of trusts or mortgages in default using either a judicial or non-judicial foreclosure process.
• When using a judicial foreclosure lenders may seek a deficiency judgment.
• The borrower may have up to one (1) year to redeem the property under certain circumstances.
Power of Sale Foreclosure Guidelines & Procedures:
A notice of sale must be:
• recorded in the county where the property is located at least fourteen (14) days prior to the sale
• mailed by certified, return receipt requested, to the borrower at least twenty (20) days before the sale
• posted on the property itself at least twenty (20) days before the sale; and
• posted in one (1) public place in the county where the property is to be sold.
The notice of sale must contain;
• the time and location of the foreclosure sale,
• the property address, the trustee’s name, address and phone number and
• a statement that the property will be sold at auction.
The borrower has up until five days before the foreclosure sale to cure the default and stop the process.
The sale may be held on any business day between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm and must take place at the location specified in the notice of sale.
The trustee may require proof of the bidders ability to pay their full bid amount.
Anyone may bid at the sale, which must be made at public auction to the highest bidder.
If necessary, the sale may be postponed by announcement at the time and location of the original foreclosure sale.
Lenders may not seek a deficiency judgment after a non-judicial foreclosure sale and the borrower has no rights of redemption.
mortgage foreclosure in california is at an all time high in 2009.
Foreclosure can be halted by a bankruptcy in california but it may not be a wise decision. California foreclosure prevention can be found at Los Angeles Field Office Dept. of Housing and Urban Development AT&T Building611 West Sixth Street,
Suite 800 Los Angeles, CA 90017. Foreclosure timeline california can be found at Udolegal.com. Information on foreclosure stockton ca can be obtained at HUD Fresno Field OfficeDept. of Housing and Urban DevelopmentFresno Field Office855 M Street, Suite 970 Fresno, CA 93721.
Information on foreclosure in riverside ca can be obtained at HUD Santa Ana Field Office Dept. of Housing and Urban Development Santa Ana Federal Building
34 Civic Center Plaza Room 7015 Santa Ana, CA 92701-4003 Phone: (714) 796-5577 Phone: (559) 487-5033
Foreclosure auction in california are generally held on the courthouse steps. Assistance in avoiding foreclosure in california can be found at Udolegal.com
RELATED GOOGLE SEARCHES
mortgage foreclosure california
foreclosure bankruptcy california
california foreclosure prevention
foreclosure timeline california
foreclosure stockton ca
foreclosure riverside ca
foreclosure auction california
avoiding foreclosure california