Home > Laws by State > Foreclosure Help in
ALABAMA FORECLOSURE HELP
Book of the Year
Alabama Foreclosure Statute Laws
Judicial and non-judicial foreclosure is available in Alabama. Primary service instruments are deed of trust and mortgage. The timeline for foreclosure in Alabama varies by process; but typically last 30 - 60 days. Right of Redemption is 12 months. Deficiency judgements are allowed.
In Alabama, lenders may foreclose on deeds of trusts or mortgages in default using either a judicial or non-judicial foreclosure process.
ALABAMA FORECLOSURE PROCEDURE:
• Notice of any foreclosure sale must be given by publication once a week for four (4) successive weeks in a newspaper published in the county or counties in which the property is located.
• If the property is under mortgage in more than one county, the publication is to be made in all counties where it is located.
• The notice of sale must give the time, place and terms of said sale, together with a description of the property.
• If no newspaper is published in the county where the lands are located, the notice shall be placed in a newspaper published in an adjoining county for four (4) successive weeks.
• Power of Sale Foreclosure Guidelines: The sale may not take place until thirty (30) days after the last notice of sale is published.
No Power of Sale Foreclosure Guidelines:
• If no power of sale is contained in a mortgage or deed of trust, the lender, or any assignee thereof, may, after default of the mortgage or deed of trust, either file a lawsuit to foreclose or foreclose by selling the property to the highest bidder for cash at the courthouse door of the county where the property is situated.
• Any sale may not take place until after notice of the time, place, terms and purpose of the sale has been published for four (4) consecutive weeks in a newspaper published in the county wherein said lands, or a portion thereof are situated.
Avoid foreclosure of your homes in alabama by contacting HUD at Birmingham Field Office Medical Forum Building950 22nd Street North, Suite 900Birmingham, AL 35203 Phone: (205) 731-2617
Information regarding alabama foreclosure laws can be found at Udolegal.com
alabama foreclosure right of redemption must be exercised within 12 months redemption
RELATED GOOGLE SEARCHES
foreclosure homes alabama
alabama foreclosure laws
alabama foreclosure redemption